Pyro DPS Build
- 4x Crimson Witch
- 2x Crimson Witch, 2x Tenacity of the Millelith
- 2x Crimson Witch, 2x Wanderer’s Troupe
- 2x Crimson Witch, 2x Noblesse Oblige
Even though Hu Tao can only up 1 stack of 4CW (22.5% Pyro DMG bonus), it still produces the best damage output especially with melt/vaporize team because of the increased reaction damage.
If without elemental reactions, 2CW 2TotM can potentially provide a little bit higher consistent damage output compared to 4CW given the same substats.
2CW 2WT is only a substitute if you don’t have 4CW yet as 2WT also increases reaction damage (melt becomes 2.3x). 2CW 2NO for boosting burst without reactions.
- Sands: HP% / Elemental Mastery
- Goblet: Pyro DMG Bonus
- Circlet: Crit Rate / Crit DMG
If you can’t consistently proc melt or vaporize, just go for HP% sands so you get a huge ATK boost from Hu Tao’s elemental skill.
- Crit Rate / Crit DMG
- Elemental Mastery / Energy Recharge
- 5★ Staff of Homa (Crit DMG)
- 5★ Primordial Jade Winged-Spear (Crit Rate)
- 4★ Deathmatch (Crit Rate)
- 4★ Blackcliff Pole (Crit DMG)
- 4★ Dragon’s Bane (Elemental Mastery)
- 4★ Lithic Spear (ATK%)
- 3★ White Tassel (Crit Rate)
Dragon’s Bane works best if running a melt/vaporize team (melt becomes 2.76x). Otherwise, just use Deathmatch or Blackcliff Pole. Lithic Spear is only viable if running with a Liyue team.
- Normal Attack: Secret Spear of Wangsheng
- Elemental Skill: Guide to Afterlife
- Elemental Burst: Spirit Soother
- The best way to maximize Hu Tao’s damage is to keep her HP below 50% for bonus Pyro damage and burst damage
- Use your burst right before her Elemental Skill buff ends to deal as much damage as possible in its duration
- Pair her with a shielder to keep her safe even at low HP
- Similar to Diluc, pairing her with Xingqui will result in consistent vaporize reactions for massive damage especially with 4CW